Becoming a surrogate is an incredible gift. Surrogates in our program are fairly compensated with this in mind.
Base Surrogate Compensation
First Time Surrogates: $35,000
Experienced Surrogates: $40,000+
Allowances in Your Compensation Package
- Multiples Fee: $5,000 per additional fetus
- Monthly Misc. Allowance: $200 per month
- Embryo Transfer Compensation: $1,000 per cycle
- Maternity clothing allowance: $500 – $750
- Medical Insurance: 100% coverage of premiums & copays
- Invasive Procedures: $500 per procedure
- Cesarean Section: $3,000
- Lost Wages: Actual Hourly Rate
- Childcare & Housekeeping with Bedrest: $400+ per week
- Breastmilk: $150 per week + supplies
- Term Life Insurance Policy: Valued at $250,000
- Loss of Organs Insurance Policy: Valued at $10,000
In addition to the above compensation package, surrogates in our program receive the following supports:
- A personal coordinator throughout your journey that attends critical appointments and the birth.
- Nutritional support, including health coaching during postpartum recovery.
- Financial counseling to ensure that you reach your financial goals and use your compensation wisely.
- Psychological counseling during and after your journey, with additional support available as needed.
- An independent attorney to review your contract with you and answer any questions you may have.
All financial surrogate compensation is detailed in your gestational carrier agreement. You will receive your surrogate compensation monthly, by direct deposit, from a professionally managed, fully insured escrow account.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Whether you are an Intended Parent or a Surrogate, we know you will have questions and concerns. That is why we make communicating with us easy and convenient. We also have an extensive partner network of professionals to support you. We work hard to make sure you are confident and informed throughout the process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is gestational surrogacy?
Gestational surrogacy is a method for having a child for individuals and couples. Intended Parents work with a gestational carrier who becomes pregnant using embryos created with: (1) the intended mother’s ovum or donor ovum, and (2) the intended father’s sperm or donor sperm. The Gestational Surrogate has no genetic relationship to the baby. She is simply the oven for a very precious bun!
CAN I CHOOSE MY INTENDED PARENTS?
Absolutely. You will be presented with profiles of families that are interested in you. If you are interested in matching with them, we will set up a facilitated meeting. Only after that meeting (and several other conversations), will we declare you matched if all parties agree.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE YOUR AGENCY?
We offer competitive compensation packages and highly personalized support for surrogates in our program. Our coordinators attend appointments, are responsive by phone and email, advocate for your needs, and are present at the birth. We also have surrogate only social events like luncheons and playdates for families in our program. Finally, unlike larger national agencies, we don’t expect surrogates to travel far. Most of our clients reside in the Greater Philadelphia area and are working with local fertility clinics.
How will I get paid?
All your compensation is clearly outlined in your gestational carrier agreement (the contract you sign with your intended parents). Your compensation will be held in an account with a professional escrow firm. Every month, you will receive compensation from that account by direct deposit. You can login anytime online to see what compensation has been paid to you and what is still due.
Will I have out of pocket expenses like medical copayments?
No. Your Intended Parents will pay for all expenses associated with your surrogacy journey. This typically includes insurance premiums, medical copayments, and childcare costs. These are separate reimbursements on top of the compensation that you receive for being pregnant.
Will I have to travel?
Not very far. Unlike large national agencies, we work with clinics in the Greater Philadelphia area. It is rare for surrogates in our program to travel. We recognize that it is challenging to travel, especially when you have your own family to care for. If you do have to travel, all of your expenses will be covered.
How to Become a Surrogate
Please complete our Surrogate Inquiry Form below so we can contact you and discuss our program further.